Despite the fourth Sheffield IoT Meetup – Industry 4.0 and Smart Manufacturing – coming at a time of great uncertainty across the globe, we were thrilled to see so many members join our new online platform to continue exploring the opportunities presented by IoT for Smart Manufacturing.
Hosted by Ioetec, the event featured a keynote from R2 Data Labs at Rolls-Royce with additional presentations from the University of Sheffield’s Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC), Tinsley Bridge, Ioetec and Northern Crucible. Discussions focused both on opportunities and challenges during the current COVID-19 crisis, as well as longer term innovation and adoption of IoT technologies across the manufacturing sector.
“Brutally good – such quality content in these times”…”Many thanks for organising this, a great set of talks and the collaboration format works really well” – Audience feedback
The audience included a balance of industry representatives, academics, technologists and enablers – alongside a handful of interested students. The online format also enabled us to welcome new attendees from across the UK, providing further links with wider regional IoT networks and support organisations.
A recording of the presentations is available below (see timings to jump to relevant sections). The next Sheffield IoT Meetup will take place on Thursday 4th June with a focus on Connected Healthcare.
Interested in staying in touch with Pitch-In and Sheffield IoT Meetup? Register for updates via our contact page
- 00.00.00 – Mark Davies, CEO and Co-founder, Ioetec – “Welcome”
- 00.05.10 – Sean Ibrahim, Co-founder, Northern Crucible – “Introduction to Northern Crucible and the needs of industry”
- 00.24.00 – Keynote: Navid Quraishi, Senior Manager, Business Development at R2 Data Labs, Rolls-Royce – “IoT/Intelligent Tech in Rolls-Royce’s Engine Health Monitoring Networks”
- 0.46.45 – Gavin Hill, Project Manager at the University of Sheffield’s Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC) – “IoT at the AMRC”
- 01.10.00 – Mike Faulks, CTO and Co-founder, Ioetec – “Protecting your uptake of Industry 4.0”
- 01.20.00 – Alex Kelly, Head of IT, Tinsley Bridge – “Exploring IoT’s potential in a Sheffield-based SME manufacturer”
Sheffield IoT Meetup is led by:
Ioetec: A Sheffield-based start-up working to improve cyber security for IoT devices
With sponsorship from:
Pitch-In: A collaborative project, led by the University of Sheffield, connecting capabilites to support IoT adoption