Sheffield IoT Meetup #11 focused on ‘IoT in Rail’ – hearing from business leaders and technology experts on the use of digital technologies, including the Internet of Things (IoT), in the rail industry.
Thank you to all our speakers and attendees for an engaging event. A full recording and speaker details are available below.
Speakers and timings:
– 00:00:00 – Mark Davies, Ioetec – Welcome
– 00:05:05 – Karen Beardsley, Managing Director and Paul Morris, Senior Innovation and Research Manager, Unipart Rail Operations – UK Rail Research Innovation: supporting innovation by non-rail industry companies with transferrable skills, knowledge and technology into the rail industry.
– 00:29:10 – Lucy Prior, Business Engagement Director and Martin Gleadow, Head of IT and Technical Innovation, 3Squared – “3Squared: making the #DigitalRailway RailSmart” – 3Squared’s startup-to-SME journey and how they are bringing new tech to old rail, including the use of IoT.
– 00:49:30 – Richard Gardiner, AMRC, Deputy Head of Automotive & Transport Strategy and Sector Lead – Rail – How the University of Sheffield’s Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre is supporting the rail industry in maintenance, manufacturing optimisation and remote condition monitoring.
– 01:11:05 – Daniel Jaeggi, Head of Business Development, RazorSecure – “The Cyber Gap – Securing Digital Trains”
For regular updates on Sheffield IoT Meetup, please join the Meetup page.
Sheffield IoT Meetup is led by Ioetec and supported by Pitch-In.