Listed below are Pitch-In events from across the four partner universities alongside relevant regional and national opportunities. If you have an event you wish to promote to the Pitch-In network here, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
< Sheffield IoT Meetup #3 – IoT Cybersecurity >
The next Sheffield IoT Meetup will take place at Sheffield Hallam University’s Cantor Atrium on Thursday 6th Feb, hosted by Ioetec Ltd and supported by Pitch-In. The theme for this event is ‘IoT Cybersecurity‘.
With increasing numbers of Internet connected devices gathering data on all aspects of our lives, as well as controlling physical devices which are Internet enabled, it is important that we protect these devices from tampering and that the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data they exchange is assured. Encrypted data, integrity of data, and authentication of devices and users are core requirements for secure IoT.
– John Clark, Professor of Computer and Information Security, University of Sheffield and Pitch-In Project Lead
– Dr Jims Marchang, Lecturer/Cyber Lead, Sheffield Hallam University – Blockchain and IoT
– Mike Faulks. CTO, Ioetec – Challenges in securing resource constrained IoT devices at the edge
– Neil Richardson, Founder Samurai Security – Penetration testing IoT
– Robin Kennedy, Cyber Security Knowledge Transfer Manager, KTN – the Cyber Security Academic Startup Accelerator Programme
Who should attend: This meeting is for anyone with an interest in IoT (Internet of Things) and data across the region, everyone is welcome.
Full details and tickets available via the below link.
- Building IoT Capacity and Collaborations
- Health and Wellbeing
- Managing the Introduction of IoT